Wednesday 30 May 2007

Sleepless in Hampshire

Our first bad night with a newborn ! wow not sure if I should even post about it as I am sure many Moms with newborns will despise me for having such great nights of sleep and only one bad night after 2 weeks !

Madison has picked up a little cold and is very congested, so she is snorting and snoring the whole time through. of course that is what has kept me up, She is such a good girl sleeping in batches of 4-5 hour stretches. Does not play around with her feeds finishes them and goes back to sleep and even burping her is a breeze. Praying this does not end as I am loving my last newborn.

The boys are still in love with their little sister and its a constant battle to get them to step away from her crib and that she does not need to be picked up every time she stirs.
I am even lucky that Brayden has not been put out that his baby spot has been taken over by a real baby. He loves watching her make noises - when she is asleep or quiet he has no interest in her at all but as soon as she wakes and lets out her little food wail he is there in a flash laughing at the little noises.

well our little princess is 2 weeks old today and growing big, I am sure she will soon be out of her early baby clothes and into her newborn outfits.

time to get my tea and maybe even pull out some stitching something else I have not seen in 2 weeks !

2 comments:

Velda said...

awwww I'm so happy for you honey!

Heather said...

She is just beautiful!