Friday 23 January 2009

its a start ....




I have had a good start on my charity piece. Although I would have liked a better one since I want it in the post by Monday but with sick children and a home to see to getting stitches in on any project is always a triumph for me.

"Silver Linings - Charity " 2 days of work.

lets see how far I can be come Sunday :)

Today is a lot better for Braydie Bear, after not eating for 4 days he decided to that 3 bowls of cereal was just enough to make him feel human again ! But now that he is on the mend Tyler and Myself have come down with a bug. It never ends in our home.














2 comments:

Kristin said...

Great start on that charity piece.

Susan said...

I am contacting you because you have left a comment on Velda's "The Climb" blog.

*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-

When the going gets tough, the tough get knitting.

I know you know Velda has had some incredibly bad health news. It's going to be a rough journey for her, and she'll need a lot of support from her friends. Although we want to, we can't be there all the time for her... but I propose we make a token of our love and encouragement that she can keep by her side all the time as a reminder of the friends who stand with her.

A hug blanket, comprised of many squares knit or crocheted by those who care for her, would be just the thing. If you would be interested in contributing a square or two to a blanket for her, please email me as below.

I don't know how many people might be interested, so I can't say for certain what size of block I need. More to follow as I find out the level of interest in this project.

This project is best as a clandestine effort... I'd rather Miss V didn't know about it until we present the completed work to her. I don't have your email address so will post this to an older blog post so she's not likely to see it... you can delete this comment if you wish.

Thank you.


--
Susan
susan.anderson.forster*at*gmail.com
http://www.thefabricofherreality.blogspot.com/